Login | Register

Saturday Morning Watchmen

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Saturday Morning Watchmen

Postby StormSeeker » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

This is too cute. :)

Given how bad some of the 80s cartoon themes were, (though not when I was in the 80s and watching them, strangely enough!) I thought this was pretty well done.
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby LordArt » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:32 am

But is this recent or something that was pulled back up from the past because of the movie release?
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Obsidian » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:01 am

Looks genuine..

Terrrribblleee, haha =P I mean, yeah. Cute and a laugh but maaan.

Didn't really dig the movie either. I felt it was far too disjointed. The thread running through the entire movie was so twisted you couldn't possibly follow it.
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby Bob_stew » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:19 am

It's a parody. Brilliant one at that.

John can give you cancer and then turn into a car? Lmao

EDIT: I've watched the guy's channel some more, and it seems like he's making this stuff alone. o.o He's 21. He apparently does the animation, voice acting, singing and composing entirely by himself. Am I missing something vital? Doesn't this take teams of professionals (with separate, different full time jobs) normally? The composing alone is really impressing for his age.
Bob_stew
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Fire_on_High » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:00 am

http://www.neomonsterisland.com/tktarkv ... 486/1.html

Hubby dug this up...after everything that was said last week in class I figured you guys would get a kick out of it.
<James> "Drive safe!" "Be careful!" "Don't stay out late!" "Forks don't go in the power socket!" "Please don't rip the multiverse a new one, it's not nice"
Fire_on_High
Presence
Presence

Postby Obsidian » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 am

"Apparently I turned it into a slush fund... But your sock was totally asking for it!"

Highlight =P
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby LordArt » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:29 am

Bob_stew wrote:EDIT: I've watched the guy's channel some more, and it seems like he's making this stuff alone. o.o He's 21. He apparently does the animation, voice acting, singing and composing entirely by himself. Am I missing something vital? Doesn't this take teams of professionals (with separate, different full time jobs) normally? The composing alone is really impressing for his age.

You'd be surprised what modivation and no life can yield. The video game that I built from the ground up was 90% me alone, and such engines take teams of coders, art departments, etc. a half decade to do and they still aren't doing what I did. Alas competing against games with 10+ million dollar budgets wasn't meant to be.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Return to General Discussion