Login | Register

Changing states of conciousness

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Changing states of conciousness

Postby jessjokin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Hello to All
I'm new to this forum and have had a long interest in Magick, after reading "The basics of Omnimancy" im left wondering at what level of training changing states of conciousness is taut or comes into play, is any "Work" done in any type altered state of conciousness ?
Regards
Jess
Do what thou wilt is at least "some" of the law!
jessjokin
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Changing states of conciousness

Postby LordArt » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:49 am

jessjokin wrote:Hello to All
I'm new to this forum and have had a long interest in Magick, after reading "The basics of Omnimancy" im left wondering at what level of training changing states of conciousness is taut or comes into play, is any "Work" done in any type altered state of conciousness ?
Regards
Jess

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking for. Omnimancy's magic doesn't require an altered state of conciousness to work, or more accurately, one is in an out in a flash of a gnosis state.

We do teach mental projection, a form of astral projection, but I'm not sure if that counts as your definition of "altered state".

So could you elaborate?
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Thanks for the reply

Postby jessjokin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:57 am

well the problem now if to know how much to say, in my training, the ability to change states of conciousness is the first stage of the "Work" once in that altered state we or "I" build the work by imagination, once im satisfied in the construction and or direction of effect of the work then I will it into existence. im my experience it may take more than one session to build, direct or do the "work" but the power of the work is related to the dillegence of its construction.
I'm not sure what you mean by "gnosis state". but it sounds like what im talking about at first glance, if you could elaborate on it a bit I would appreciate it.
Its good to talk with serious folks.
thanks
Jess
jessjokin
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Thanks for the reply

Postby LordArt » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:57 pm

jessjokin wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "gnosis state". but it sounds like what im talking about at first glance, if you could elaborate on it a bit I would appreciate it.

To define terms is always a good thing.

Gnosis State: The state the mind gets in to actually do magic or psychic actions, but can be used for other things. Typically, in a traditional magical setting, a whole ritual is done just to get the mind into that state to do the final working. Mind you what this entails and how long this takes is dependant on the magical system and the individual of course.

In Omni, we "trick" our students to be trained to going into this state and back out of it instantly. By the time they officially know this state even exists, they already can pop in and out at will, rather than requiring any prep time. So no grounding or ritual space is needed, so they can do what they do anytime, anywhere, at full power which is the point. It works because of the methods we use, which is posted (at least the basics are posted).

As far as building someting goes, they might think about what they are trying to accomplish and the "disclaimers" to build into the spell so the spell doesn't go rogue on them, but when it comes time to cast, it normally only takes them a few seconds or less. If it is their first time casting such a spell, it can take much longer depending on the complexity and how different from something they've done before. So while they are actually making and casting, they are in the gnosis state I mentioned before. But many don't realise they are going into it.

Many just don't think about it. If they read this, I'm sure if they think about it when they cast and how it feels "different" than walk-around normal, they'll see what I mean.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Thanks Art

Postby jessjokin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:52 pm

I believe I understand the concept, do you have regular hours of chat?
thanks
jess
jessjokin
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Thanks Art

Postby LordArt » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 am

jessjokin wrote:do you have regular hours of chat?

Not really. I'm usually very busy, so I rarely have time to hang out on the net. My only "regular" chat hours are when I'm on Omni Cyber teaching, and then my time is taken up by that.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Return to General Discussion