Login | Register

Announcing the Crucible Website!

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Announcing the Crucible Website!

Postby LordArt » Thu May 04, 2006 12:04 pm

Well, after a long hyatis, the Crucible Website is back up!

Please visit http://www.crucibleconvention.com

Visit often for updates on the status of the convention. You can even have it email you when there is an update!

For those that don't know what Crucible is, it's a Magic convention that tries to represent all paths. Please visit the site for more information.
Last edited by LordArt on Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby psistorm » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:06 pm

hey what's going on everyone! i wanted to suggest some possible speakers for crucible. Orion practices old school witchcraft from the southern parts of U.S., Talor explores, experiments, and push the limits on magick, and Chris is a combo of some old school witchcraft and lots of more modern stuff. these are some of their profiles and workshops they have given in the past.
psistorm
Visitor
Visitor

Postby psistorm » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:07 pm

ORION FOXWOOD - founder of the Foxwood Temple of the Old Religion and the Co-Director of the Moonridge Center- both in Maryland. He received a Master of Human Sciences Degree from Lincoln University in Pennsylvania and is a licensed professional counselor. Orion is an Elder in Celtic Traditional Witchcraft, High Priest in Alexandrian Wicca and a Witch in the Welsh Cymry Tradition. He is a practicing Cunningman in the Faery Seership Tradition and has taught Faery Seership, Traditional Witchcraft, Southern American Folk Magic and other magical arts around the country for 20 years. He is the author of the book entitled The Faery Teachings published by Muse Press (2003).

~ Cunningways - Cunningmen, hedgewitches, rootwomen, conjurers, Faery Seers/ Doctors and rootmen are European and American folk terms to describe the historical role and title of persons termed today as "Witches" and "Sorcerers". Far from being religious leaders of a "spiritual system", these practitioners draw on age-old folk magic techniques, lore and customs that address the relationship between humanity, nature and the unseen realms. This workshop will explore some of the teachings, language and customs of a cluster of Celtic and Old English-based folk-magic traditions rooted in America. (Fri. 9:15 - 10:30 pm)

~ The Throne of Dominion - Spirit work requires a type of clearing and mapping of our inner worlds. Our intuitive and subtle feelings form the gateway to the inner worlds of creation and regeneration just as our five-senses form the gateway to the outer world of form and embodiment. The roads to these gateways are paved with our fears and inhibitions...the most powerful of which is abandonment. The inner outer sensory mechanisms are the very pillars that uphold the temple of the mind as it works through us but they are often compromised by inner pollution. At the core of our selves, beyond the great pillars is the "throne of dominion", a dynamic within each of us where the voice of the dreamer (core planetary power) is spoken through us. In this workshop, Orion will discuss the cave of ancestral voices that form the ascent to the throne, the inner guardians that bar access to it, the folkloric "exile of Eden ", and the role of "hedge walking" to heal abandonment pain. The workshop will culminate in a powerful exercise called "approaching the silence". (Sat. 1 1:00 - l:00pm)

~ The Vision Keys of Faery Seership - There are nine major inner contacts and/or interface points in the Faery Seership that illustrate the universal paradigm and magical work of the Seer. The folklore, images, beings/powers and relationships inherent to these forces are embodied in nine principle images called "the Vision Keys". These Keys illustrate a dynamic relationship between the three worlds of Faery magic; humanity and the rest of nature; and the surface, stellar and underworld forces. They offer a wellspring of contemplative and contact work. The content of the keys originate from oral lore and poetic inspiration that spans centuries of work. The Keys have been illustrated by Martin Bridge for Orion's recently released book entitled "The Faery Teachings". In this workshop, Orion will discuss the lore of the Keys, their inter-relationships and implications for practical use. Anyone who has a set of the Keys is advised to bring them for work and a consecration working. However, it is not necessary to have them. (Sun. 10:30 - 12:30pm)

~ Hallowing: Turning with the Moon, Sun and Stars - Throughout countless numbers of wisdom teachings throughout the world, there is a reoccurring theme in the sacred dancing, prayer and magical techniques that involves circular movement. In the traditions of the Celtia, this is called "hallowing". In modern Craft, it is called circle dances or rune dances. There are very deep meanings in these simple techniques that are often overlooked when they are taught. In this workshop, Orion will discuss an old traditional Craft teaching called "the Mill of Magic" and the use and implications of Hallowing. He will also lead us in some exercises to engage the spiritual forces attracted by turning with the moon, stars and sun. This workshop will cover the techniques of sun-wise and star-wise magic and their applications. (Sat. 1 1:()() - 1:00pm)

~ The Gates of Enchantment - Each magic worker has a personal gateway into the realms of magic. This may be based on visions, inspirations, natural tendencies or talents. This gateway is your personal entry point into the magical world of intuitive skills, spirits and even spiritual growth. In this workshop, Orion will work with participants to identify their unique gateway. He will give practical insights into this foundational, though often overlooked, aspect of magical training and development. This approach is common in folkloric magic, but is too often absent in modern forms of magic. This workshop may use visionary techniques to aid participants in finding their gateway - always dependent on the will of the spirits. (Sat. 4:45 - 6:30pm)

Taylor Ellwood is currently pursuing a Ph.d in Literacy, Rhetoric, and Social Practice at Kent State University. He is a full-time writer with both Bachelor's and Master's degrees in English, and an editor for the occult line of books for Immanion Press. A co-author of Creating Magickal Entities, his first solo book Pop Culture Magick will be published in early 2004, and he is working on a book on Space/Time Magick. His published articles for Newwitch Magazine include "Invoking Buffy" in issue
# 4 and the upcoming "Collage Magick", and “Enjoying the Darkness” in Goat & Candle Magazine. A featured columnist for the new occult magazine Fayth (http://www.fayth.info), Taylor has presented workshops on Pop Culture Magick, Entity Magick and Body Paint Magick at the Lorain County Pagan Pride Day, the Oberlin Beltaine Festival, Kent State University, The Grissecon One
Convention in Stafford, England, and at Winterstar 2004 "Magic on the Edge".

~ co-author of Creating Magickal Entities and author of Pop Culture Magick and the forthcoming Space/Time Magic (Aug 2005). He is also the author of numerous articles on the occult that appear in such publications as New Witch magazine, SilverStar, and the Disinfo website. Taylor is currently pursuing his ph.d in Literacy, Rhetoric, and Social Practice at Kent State University where he will be doing his dissertation on the literacy of magic. For more information about Taylor please visit his website at taylorellwood.chaosmagic.com

Space/Time Sigil workshop - A sigil is a statement of desire, turned into a symbol, which a person uses to manifest that desire into reality. I will briefly discuss the history and theory of sigils. Then I will present two advanced sigil magick techniques as ways of working with space/time in a non-linear fashion with the purpose being to shape reality to one's will. One technique shows people how to use multiple sigils representing multiple probabilities and how to connect the sigils together so that when one probability (sigil activates) occurs so too will the other probabilities (sigils) activate. The second technique shows people how to use sigils in a web that can strengthen specific possibilities in one's life while cutting other unhealthy possibilities out of one's life ( 9:15 - 10:30pm)

New approaches to traditional ways of doing magic - This workshop is about being innovative with magical concepts. I will introduce you to how I do banishing, purification, invocation and other forms of traditional magic in a different way than is usually depicted in the books we read. Why change something that works you ask? Because innovativeness is a form of discipline and a successful magician never relies on what others have done but creates his/her own way. My goal is to inspire you to take a different approach to how you do magic. Learn how to invoke yourself into a god form or person. Learn how purification can sometimes be a near death experience and how banishing
can teach you how to discover what is really meaningful in your life. Learn how to do magic in a new way. (Sat. 9:00 - 10-:30am)

Pop Culture Magick
This workshop shows people how to go about creating an entity based off a pop culture icon or persona, as well as then using that entity to accomplish a specific task for the magickian. This workshop gets participants to do actual hands on work in creating an entity. The participants are walked through the process so that they have a firm understanding of how to create an entity and how to incorporate pop culture into that creation.

Body Paint Magick
This workshop on body paints for magickal use is based on current work Taylor is doing in preparation for a forthcoming book. The paints that are used are environmentally safe and easy to wash off with water. This workshop is very hands-on oriented, with both Taylor and participants painting portions of their bodies (usually just the arms) as they discuss the various magickal uses that body paints can be applied to.

CHRISTOPHER PENCZAK is an eclectic witch, writer, and healing practitioner. His practice draws upon the foundation of modern Witchcraft and traditions from across the globe. His classes blend traditional material, strong metaphysical principles and hands-on personal experience, encouraging all to find their own personal path and tradition. He is the author of The Outer Temple of Witchcraft, Instant Magick, Gay Witchcraft and Sons of the Goddess For more information, visitwww.christopherpenczak.com.

-is a practicing eclectic witch, studying the crafts of wisdom & healing from across the globe. He is a Reiki Master in the Usui-Tibetan tradition, as well as an ordained minister, flower essence consultant and Tarot reader. His several books on magick include City Magick, The Inner Temple of Witchcraft, the Witch's Shield and the Magick of Reiki. His classes are a blend of traditional material and a multicultural view point with practical hands-on experience, encouraging everyone to find their own personal path and tradition. www.ChristopherPenczak.com

~ The Magick of Reiki and the Rituals of Healing - Explore the worlds of energy, healing, ritual and symbol, as they are found in traditional forms of magick and in the healing tradition known as Reiki. Both have many similarities, but many differences. Rituals of healing are found all over the world, in all societies and spiritual traditions. They speak to the collective consciousness, the universal life force, to bring communion and wholeness. Our modern culture, with the loss of our wise ones, has lost touch with our simple folk magick rituals. Reiki practitioners often take this role in the modern world, but some never learn the power of simple ritual techniques to create sacred space, safety, comfort and transformation. Some of us do ritual intuitively, but do not know the meaning behind it. All manner of rituals -
from making tea to elaborate lunar or solar celebrations - help us to connect to the divine. It is through our connection that we truly heal ourselves, others and the world. Rituals engage us and our clients to take an active role in healing. Participants in this workshop will learn how to use magical and practical rituals to empower oneself (and one's clients) for the highest healing good. Based on his book, The Magick of Reiki. (Sat. 5:00 - 7:00pm)

~ The Witch's Shield : Protection Magick & Psychic Self Defense - Learn the techniques of psychic self defense and well being to protect and balance yourself and home. Discuss potential psychic dangers, drains and trauma from other people, your environment, and yourself. Understand how to counteract these dangers and create new healthy habits. Learn to banish harmful spirits and break curses. Work with protection shields, guardian spirits, protective crystals, herbs and energy cleansing techniques to create a balanced, sacred environment. (Sun. 10:30- 12:30pm)

Instant Magick Spellcrafting Fri, 2:30pm; Site A
Magick can be used anytime and anyplace, without the use of ritual tools. Though tools are wonderful implements, and when consecrated are truly magickal vessels, the most important tools are energy, intention, strength of will and of course - you. Instant Magick is an exploration and expansion of forms of internal, mental magick, to do spellcraft through intentions, magickal words, visualizations, evocations and direct energy work in non-traditional ways. Learn to creatively use your internal connection to the elements, chakras, planets, deities and spirits to fuel your magick and make changes in your life.

Invocation, Channeling and the Oracular Mysteries Sat., ll:30am; Site H
In spiritual traditions across the world, many mystics learn to not only summon spiritual entities, but to merge with them to expand their own consciousness and receive prophecy. We will explore the different traditions of oracular mysteries, including invocation, assuming godforms, spiritualist mediumship. modern channeling, shape shifting and overshadowing. Survey the entities traditionally merged with including deities, Iwa, angels ascended masters and ancestors to deepen your partnership with them.

Shadow Magick Sat., 5:30pm; Site H
The tradition of witchcraft and its deities are associated with the depth of the underworld and the darkness of the soul, though we act as the luminaries and torch bearers in the dark. Modern witches on the path are asked to explore their own shadow self, their own repressed thoughts, feelings and images. Instead of trying to vanquish the shadow, an impossible task, we seek to establish a healthy relationship as a source of strength and comfort. Explore the shadow self, how to “distill” it into manifestation and how to heal the relationship and partner with it as a spirit ally through the lens of the shamanic traditions of witchcraft. Welcome to all traditions and seekers wishing to know their dark sides better.
psistorm
Visitor
Visitor

Postby psistorm » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:10 pm

Orion also practices old school faery magick
psistorm
Visitor
Visitor

Postby oath » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:31 pm

I dont get why men call themselves witches. Anyways, I would also like to go to the crucible event but dont know if I can and also I might be able to get hotel discount since I work for choice hotels. But really dont know if I can get that many people on friends and family sorry. I think the rate for friends and family is about $39. and for employees its $25
A psion practices the branch of magic called psi, a kabbalist practices from the kabbalah, and a buddhist strives for enlightenment. A Wizard however endeavors to know, understand, and master all magic, religion, and thought.
oath
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Kaylara » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:39 pm

Hey guys! Mind if I advertise this on MW? We're advertising another festival with Christopher in it too, and it reminded me of the Crucible immediately.
~Kaylara~
Kaylara
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:35 am

Hey guys! Mind if I advertise this on MW? We're advertising another festival with Christopher in it too, and it reminded me of the Crucible immediately.

Umm, sure. What is MW? :? (BTW, it's nice hearing from you again!)

Actually, I need to make a announcement for Crucible 2007 anyways. It's October 6th at the hotel it was at in 2004 (which is right next door to where it was last year...Yes musical hotels)

We are in the process of getting more speakers, but none has been announced yet officially.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Kaylara » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:22 pm

I've been out of the loop for a while. :) Moving to a different country will do that to you. (MW is www.mysticwicks.com . You might be able to find more speakers on there as well. ) I'm sorry that I'm missing it again this year, but if I'm in the US in the future during the time that you'll be putting on the festival, I'll be sure to attend. I enjoyed it so much the first time that I went that I'd like to get others to go. (Besides then they can tell me how it was!)
~Kaylara~
Kaylara
Visitor
Visitor

Return to General Discussion