Login | Register

21st Dan Black Belt?

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
21st Dan Black Belt?

Postby DrFredbert » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:00 pm

So if an omnimancer wants to trade in their dusty yellar belt for a spangly orange belt is there a specific set of criteria they must meet?

More specifically, do you (the ominmancers) have a reliable method of measuring the quality of a magey dude/ts magey-ness?

If yes, then is it possible that a hint be given as to the method of measuring? This is purely for personal gain and nothing more . . . promise.
Dr. Fredbert
DrFredbert
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:28 pm

Well, if you go from the concept of "belts" in your analogy, then yes, within Omnimancy, there is a "belt" system. We distinguish the level of training by which "amp" the particular Omnimancer has. At the end of each section of training, they are tested to make sure they know everything and are capable of doing everything in the last section of training between amps. Then they are taught the stronger one, and are shown what it will unlock for them.

If you mean arbitrary rating of a magic user we meet, yes we have a system for that too. It's taught around G2, but I'm not going to go into details in a public forum how we do that. ;)
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby DrFredbert » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:36 pm

LordArt wrote:If you mean arbitrary rating of a magic user we meet, yes we have a system for that too. It's taught around G2, but I'm not going to go into details in a public forum how we do that. :wink:

POOP!
Dr. Fredbert
DrFredbert
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:00 pm

DrFredbert wrote:POOP!

Hey, what we teach isn't for everyone. My answers will be vague enough to not actually teach, but in some cases enough for you (or someone) to take in a direction.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Obsidian » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:03 am

Speaking from experience, there's more than enough information on here for someone with some skill/knowledge to pick up on.

I've learnt so much, just by reading what other people write. My personal questions have garnered even more info.

Of course, the best is if you can corner yourself an Omni in chat. That's when you get the real goods.
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby Draco_Platina » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:50 am

How does one corner and omnipotent being again? I forgot how...
:)
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
Deus est Machinae, ex Nihil; Tu Deo.
Draco_Platina
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Obsidian » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:52 am

With expensive chocolate and flattery =)
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Return to General Discussion