Login | Register

Work together - to change the world

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Work together - to change the world

Postby Forneus » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:19 am

Hi there

I`m writing from Bulgaria and I want to propose you something. There is a magic group called "The Magic Circle" and we`d like to work in a more international way. How about something like that? I guess you`ll like the idea. Write in this topic, or on my e-mail - vaddmaiar@gmail.com

Best wishes
Forneus
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:08 am

I don't understand what exactly you are asking for. Do you mind clarifying?
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Bob_stew » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:01 pm

I think there is a misunderstanding here concerning the word "magic", unless I'm mistaken in associating the name of the group with the (better?) known group for illusionists, stage magicians etc.
Bob_stew
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Forneus » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:58 am

No, it`s an occult group. I was asking if there is a way to work together (the two groups - yours and ours) for some intention we`ve all worked out? Or maybe your group doesn`t want to work with others, it`s your choice. I think it`s a good method to expand our point of view and obtain more experience (in occultism).

Is it clear enough?
Forneus
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:50 pm

It's not as easy a request as you might think.

I think my hesistatency comes from that I don't know you nor your group at all. Or even it's reputation for that matter.

Groups working together either come from a common interest or goal (or it's mutually benifical). To this point, I don't know what your group's interests or goals are.

If it's an issue of sharing information, we aren't use to doing that either. We are, by definition, a secret order (at least of what we teach) and do guard what we know. (Since you refered to gaining experience in occultism).

If it's a political colaberation (ie. save the dophins, outlaw dyhydromium monoxide, etc.) my group doesn't get involved in such politics on a group level, since we believe in individual freedom (vs the group forcing political agendas on it's membership). Meaning, the group as a whole won't support something, but individual members do/might. So if that's your interest, you can easily make your case here and those interested will contact you.

From your writtings, it seems you think this is a very straight forward proposition, but for us, it really isn't. The group isn't against working with others, but before a decision can be made, there has to be more information about the intended end goal.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Forneus » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:12 pm

OK, keep your secrets and as Carl Jung says: "Nothing else stimulates the human ego, as the secrets and the feel you know something, others don`t"

I tought you are a more open-minded group, but I guess I was wrong.

You can delete the topic, bye.
Forneus
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:35 pm

We've worked VERY long and hard for what we know, and because of that, we value it. We are an open minded group, but you've offered me nothing other than "We are interested in your secrets because it will benift us" (ie. to give you [more] experience). And because we don't jump at the chance we are "closed minded". Rather convient.

If you were at all serious, you would have either suggested what you had in mind (either here or in PM), rather than get snippy. I don't know about you, but I read contracts before I sign them. Which means I ask what I'm getting myself(or the group) into before I do so. I certainly think that is a fair question, and since you are refusing to answer it, who exactly has the ego problem then?

One bridges gaps of ideas and culture by understanding and tolerance, not making assumptions and refusing to see past them. Please look in the mirror before you judge.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Forneus » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:29 am

I (We) don`t want any of your secrets - just to work together on a project both group chosed.
Forneus
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:13 pm

Ok, since this is being kept non-specific, on a purely hypothetical level, yes my group can work with other groups and on specific projects.

I will say whatever project is chosen will be on a purely volenteer basis as far as the membership of my group doing things on it.

What do you have in mind as far as a project goes?
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Return to General Discussion