Login | Register

Whats the truth about secrets?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Whats the truth about secrets?

Postby indigoblade » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:20 am

Now don't get me wrong, ok, cause I'm just asking this to see what peoples opinions are on the subject. :P

I've been studying majick for quite some time now. My question is, whats the point of secrecy, do you believe that secrecy keeps you safe? What happens if you open up totaly to vulnerability? If you accept the Universe for what it is do you gain from that?...Hehehehehe
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Look at Paradox. Learn from paradox. What is the ultimate paradox?
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:44 pm

As you say, you've been studying magic for quite a while, I'm surprised that you don't already have a solid answer to that question.

There are two sets of secrets that is typical in magical systems. There is secrecy of the magical order and secrecy of spell casting itself.

The former is about being responsible for the information that an order holds. It's the order's responsibility to keep it's information secret and not giving it to those that aren't ready for it. Something in a modern world of free information such as the internet people seem to forget. Otherwise it's akin to giving a child a loaded uzi and saying it wasn't your fault.

As far as spell casting, while it isn't as much of a practice within Omnimancy, it can be a typical procedure that when a spell is cast, not to mention it to anyone until it's effect is over. The reason for this is greatly dependent on the magical system's perspectives, but one reason I've heard is so that people's random magical abilities don't accidentally block or disrupt the spell that was cast.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Secrecy:

Postby O.... » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:38 pm

There is another consideration...

What of being able to hide meta/material results durring an age of constant surveilance?
"The sun has crept in,
Away with the night
Good-bye to my lover
I'm back in bed
But lightning is my girl,
And promises me
To bring me to that corner, again and again"
"Lightning Is My Girl" Melissa
O....
Visitor
Visitor

Postby indigoblade » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:31 pm

don't think that i ask cause i don't understand how i percieve it. mr. art...as you know i have studied this thing you call magick for years. and i ove what i have found...and i don't speak loosley about what i have learned either...don't think i'm trying to flame you either man...i actualy respect alot of what you have put together in just the public forums and the site.
and for you o... I like you're responce man...short and sweet and to the point
Look at Paradox. Learn from paradox. What is the ultimate paradox?
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion