Login | Register

how i truly see magick

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
how i truly see magick

Postby indigoblade » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:31 pm

Magick is just a code word for me. The things I have truly learned can barely be expressed, but i do naturally have a way around this. Forget what I have included in my magick code...it hardly really matters...besides, I could just be using that to confuse or misinform...though this may not be the case. Instead lets look at commmon traits amongst the magickly inclined. First off an ability to manipulate reality through understanding and will and such.

The foremost thing that stands out is the capability to remotely manipulate things. Wether it be through seeming coincidence or vulgar means all Magus have the ability to manipulate reality to some degree. This would seem to be the premise of modern magick, but most of us here know that is not the case. And the feeling...oh the feeling of success. It is a very intoxicating thing. Unfortunately for all but the most determined and powerful Magus this feeling can bleed over towards awakening the ego more and makes the abilities weaker as far as I have seen.

The next thing that bears to mind is the feeling that comes from having energies flow through you. This is better then any other ecstatic thing in existence as far as I am concerned. But to just use the energies for the feeling of them has a tendency to take away from the actual benefits. One can become stuck on this and end up in a world of hurt because they are addicted.

Lastly is the feeling of that perfect sincronisity, that feeling of total unity with the universe. This is both the most dangerous and beneficial trait I know of. For if one falls into the ego game here they shall lose what they have come to know. Some may never know the way back and succunb to a dark path, but this is completely and easily avoidable.

The strange thing for me is that I ever really found the magick in any of the books I have read, but in the magick of simply being, and seeing the world from a perspective of love and trust. At least as far as me and My God are concerned.

And one last thing, though this is off topic, whats up with it being god and goddess....why not godder and goddess and have god be the androgynous one?

Tell me what ya think.
Look at Paradox. Learn from paradox. What is the ultimate paradox?
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Honestly, you probably don't want to know what I think. It's not going to be what you want to hear nor am I going to pull punches (but I’ll end up doing so to a degree anyways), so stop reading this post after this paragraph. I'm a blunt person and say things how I see them. If you decide to keep reading, don't say I didn't warn you.

No one else likes being the bad guy, so I'm elected which is likely why you haven't been getting many responses to your other queries/posts. Many others are going on the “if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all”, which I can appreciate. While I would say your perspective is more like a typical natural mage, based on your application that isn't obviously the case (ie. learning from silver ravenwolf books, etc.), which means it's a result of being a solitary (which is why natural mages are the way they are, because they have a hard time explaining how they do their magic to others, and therefore generally don't bother). The result is an air of arrogance based on the belief that they know better than everyone else, where the reality is usually the opposite, mostly simply from inexperience or naivety. This is typical of almost any individual since if one is comfortable where one is, why would they seek knowledge elsewhere, or even knowledge that may counter what they already know and hurt their comfort zone? In a typical long term solitary, it's far to easy to start believing in one's own BS, and taking everyone else's confusion as to what one does as confirmation of one's own superiority because if they were up to one's level, they'd understand. Without a fresh external peer group keeping one grounded, it's far too easy to believe one's own BS. I say fresh, because even a small group can stagnate and end up with the same problem without fresh influences (ie. new people).

This was first evidenced when you became a self-proclaimed guru in the thread with Hunny-Kun ( http://www.omnimancy.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =5975#5975 ). Wisdom is demonstrated by listening and then giving wisdom(usually when asked), not by proclaiming having wisdom and expecting everyone to instantly see it in you simply from your statement. One's actions/statements should show of your wisdom, not an announcement of your own awesomeness with a fortune cookie wisdom trailer. It is also further evidenced by certain self-important/entitled PMs that I've gotten from you detailing everything from how bored you are with the public stuff and therefore feel entitled to more, to giving me advice on how to deal with entities unsolicited. Get over yourself. If you are so cool and know so much, why are you here trying to be a student in the first place?

Now let’s get to the thread. :)

Magick is just a code word for me. The things I have truly learned can barely be expressed, but i do naturally have a way around this. Forget what I have included in my magick code...it hardly really matters...besides, I could just be using that to confuse or misinform...though this may not be the case. Instead lets look at commmon traits amongst the magickly inclined. First off an ability to manipulate reality through understanding and will and such.

The foremost thing that stands out is the capability to remotely manipulate things. Wether it be through seeming coincidence or vulgar means all Magus have the ability to manipulate reality to some degree. This would seem to be the premise of modern magick, but most of us here know that is not the case. And the feeling...oh the feeling of success. It is a very intoxicating thing. Unfortunately for all but the most determined and powerful Magus this feeling can bleed over towards awakening the ego more and makes the abilities weaker as far as I have seen.

I don't get the orgasmic overtones with the "feeling of success", nor do I know anyone who does other than beginners first learning. Sure it's nice to have what you do work, but it becomes expected for it to work so very quickly it simply becomes a tool, not some aphrodisiac or intoxicant. This isn't some hollywood story where the intoxication of magic slowly corrupts you to move the story along. Magic simply is. If I need to remove a screw from a box, I get a screw driver. If I need to make sure it's sunny on a day of my picnic, I use weather magic. If I'm late for work, I use something more impressive to get there on time, etc. But it's a tool, nothing more. The people that I've met that have used magic for a while don't find it any more special than I do (for the most part). It's simply a part of everyday life and simply another tool in their toolbox to apply to life.

It's like your other thread about secrecy, I was surprised you asked the question (and stated such). Your reactions here come off more like some teenager with a magic book surprised that it actually works rather than someone who says they've been doing magic for over half their life and pushing 30.

The next thing that bears to mind is the feeling that comes from having energies flow through you. This is better then any other ecstatic thing in existence as far as I am concerned. But to just use the energies for the feeling of them has a tendency to take away from the actual benefits. One can become stuck on this and end up in a world of hurt because they are addicted.

Again, this sounds more like the hollywood perception of magic and energy rather than the reality of it that myself and anyone I've come across' perception of magical energy. Yeah, it feels nice but it's not ALL that. I get the same high off a candy bar (which is to say I don't actually). It's good to help wake one up when tired certainly. I've also noticed it work as a mid-aphrodisiac on the ladies, but that's another story. The only thing that comes close to your description to that reaction is when a friend of mine nearly died from his life energy being removed (long story), and when it was replenished, it was orgasmic for him, but I akin that reaction similar to a dehydrated man getting water or a starving man finally getting food. Now I've seen religious ceremonies that involved magical energy move people similarly, but that was from the religious meaning of the ceremony versus the energy itself.

Now perhaps it feels this way for yourself, and more power to you if it feels like that for you. But it seems you are making the common mistake of "if it works like this for me, it must for everyone else". I would think if the reaction you were describing was the common reaction people would be running energy brothels. :)

Lastly is the feeling of that perfect sincronisity, that feeling of total unity with the universe. This is both the most dangerous and beneficial trait I know of. For if one falls into the ego game here they shall lose what they have come to know. Some may never know the way back and succunb to a dark path, but this is completely and easily avoidable.

This is a religious perspective, not a mage perspective. Or more accurately, a theurge perspective versus a Thaumaturge perspective. A Theurge might seek to become "one" with the universe, a Thaumaturge is simply trying to control the universe (or their piece of it).

As for the rest of it, it's flowery thought fragments. You aren't explaining yourself well here. The danger from my perspective is that one is all powerful and nothing can knock you off your block (which is false of course, there is ALWAYS something bigger). The other thing is from the perspective of believing one can get away with anything (which is also false of course, because there is always repercussions of one's actions, and not always as expected or wanted).

The strange thing for me is that I ever really found the magick in any of the books I have read, but in the magick of simply being, and seeing the world from a perspective of love and trust. At least as far as me and My God are concerned.

Well, I'll agree with you there, I've never found much use for magic from books. Books don't tell you if you are doing it right or not. Books don't give a sense of character or know when you are ready to learn something. As far as looking at the world with "love and trust", I'll leave that for the religious people and skip my comments on that. I will just say that my perspective is more based around how things are and in some respects, how to change it.

And one last thing, though this is off topic, whats up with it being god and goddess....why not godder and goddess and have god be the androgynous one?

Because "godder" is a made up word. Because in the English language it is VERY common to use the male version as the androgynous version, such as actor/actress. You'd do better to use what is in place to keep the confusion down. Such as using "deity" as the androgynous, and keep god as the male version. I didn't make the language, but we are speaking writing in it.

Tell me what ya think.

Just did. Why did I bother? Well, while most people feel it's better not to say anything for fear of insulting or stirring the pot, I believe that sometimes it's needed. If a person isn't aware of how they present themselves and no one tells them (or tells them what they want to hear), they are doomed to repeat their mistakes to others. If it makes me out looking like an asshole, then so be it, but if it makes someone actually take a good hard look at themselves, then I've been successful, and I'll take the hit. I like polite society but there are negatives sometimes.

Originally, I was debating weither I should post this, but your latest PM to me just sent me over the top with my patience at it's end.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby indigoblade » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:34 pm

guess being a soluitair and schizotypal doesn't help when looking for new inspiration...oh well...thanx for the heads up...take it easy

oh yeah...and being vague about what i know is for the same reason as it is for you...i just wanted to see other peoples outlooks on things, but whatever 'scuse me for waxing poetic (kicks his spelling)

I really did and still do wanna see what people think about what i write. please don't pull any punches...and i really would like to find a new map for what i do. and don't worry...you still haven't offended me...im used to being misunderstood, and i appologise for pissing in anyones cheerios, but fuck if i care if no one really understands for not looking into it...*shrugs*...I still ain't gonna go by what others say on other sites bout you guys...i still like and respect what you guys put forth

And yes, there are bigger fish in the sea...agh a shark...swim away :lol:

well...take it easy...I'll continue to watch yer posts, unless I'm unwelcome here?
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Postby indigoblade » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Excuse how I have behaved as of late, I shall now clarify to all how I manipulate the energies.

I utilize the manipulation of the direction of ley lines to my home, I thereby create a pool of ever increasing ambient energy as well as constantly charged spells doing many different jobs. I have my own laws that I utilize and I even take a scientific approach to how I plan My spells.

Sometimes when I need to create a new function I will spread my awareness out into the webs I have weaved here and manipulate the patterns I have created In my enviorment....This can have some advwers effects when I mess up, but I fix those disruptions.

Now I have no idea how you all structure yer magick, but you kinda start getting an idea of how I do mine.

I also utilize trigger spells that let me be aware when something is happening. I proggram these trigger spells for different purposes, its kinda like basic proggraming language in a sense. If, enter whatever the trigger is, then. Like the if then language of the basic computer language.

So now that may give you guys a better idea of how I do my stuff. Questions or comments of varying nature are welcome.
Yes, even from you lord art.

If any one sees a flaw in the structure of magick I utilize please feel free to let me know. :idea: :D
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:10 pm

If I may critique...

It sounds like a mix of druidic and psionic magic. The druidic bit with the ley lines (but that's not unique to druidry, but your approach has that "flavor" in my mind for whatever reason. Probably because of the way you are using the environment.), and the "programming" bit is very much a psion flavor. At the end of the day, it's raw will magic as most magic is to put a catagory on it.

As far as "flaws" go, it sounds like your implementation is dependant on location. Meaning, you need to know the layout of the ley lines and therefore how changing them will help you(let alone having the built pieces out there). What immediately comes to mind is what if they get cut off from you? (or your not at home to use them?) Or one or more gets sucked dry? (G3/G4 Omnis do that one all the time just with their amps until they go to something bigger). What happens if the built pieces get destroyed by something? Do your active spells say in this web and therefore as vulnerable?

The language bit works as long as you don't have to start from scratch every time you want to do a simular spell, so you can "preload" instructions and tweak from there. Admittedly "programming" has it's own flaws, but none that all magical systems have themselves, including omni, which is not always accounting for everything, or trying to and it eating up so much effort and STILL missing something. :) Getting around such problems is a technique/approach issue rather than a technical one.

There is my 2 cents in the mix...
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby indigoblade » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:36 pm

It sounds like a mix of druidic and psionic magic. The druidic bit with the ley lines (but that's not unique to druidry, but your approach has that "flavor" in my mind for whatever reason. Probably because of the way you are using the environment.), and the "programming" bit is very much a psion flavor. At the end of the day, it's raw will magic as most magic is to put a catagory on it.

Yeah...will has some to do with it, at least in the set up. Primarily alot of my spell functions run autonomously(sp?). The proggraming thing is just an exeample of how I get the spells to function, though it is a bit more subtle then that....Alot of my spells run interdependently and cooperatively
depending on their job, some i even alocate tweeks to servitors, egregores or any other "AI"or avatar I create....Hence why I am constantly on the look out for insperation.

As far as "flaws" go, it sounds like your implementation is dependant on location. Meaning, you need to know the layout of the ley lines and therefore how changing them will help you(let alone having the built pieces out there). What immediately comes to mind is what if they get cut off from you? (or your not at home to use them?) Or one or more gets sucked dry? (G3/G4 Omnis do that one all the time just with their amps until they go to something bigger). What happens if the built pieces get destroyed by something? Do your active spells say in this web and therefore as vulnerable?

Well, only the spells for my house are location dependent, lets stick to those for now and I'll return to other functions I utilize mobily.
Some of the spells are attached to specific foci, others to the area I need the effect in. I have had the problem of some of my leylines get redirected either naturaly or via another mage.One of my sidesteps is to use nonlinear time effects to continue there operation, though this is starting to fall out of favor with me due to new developments I have made. If the actual object I use as a Foci gets destroyed I'll be notified and a trigger spell takes over "til I can replace the impliment. The item getting moved can only effect the items location and not neccessarily the area of intended effect, though it does depend upon what the item itself is meant for. For the most part the spells will remain invulnerable unless someone is really good at seeing all of the different energies I am utilizing. One of the more unusual effects I have created is what I call my sanctuary spell. I have a main spiritual being who helps me to oversee this spell so I don't have to be constantly present, I also have a mobile effect for this spell as well for those I trust to come along with me. The spell actualy brings different kinds of entities form diff. levels of realms and the energies they supply to the enviorment are actualy their waste, but because of a symbiotic relationshiup betwixt the diff. beings the waste of one is the energy of another and along with the ley line energy it creates a nice mixture of energies that can be tapped into.
And naturaly some of my spells can be made vulnerable if the pattern is disrupted by either energy flux or such other stuff, but I do have backups working to be triggered if there is a failure. Otherwise I am the one causing the problem (my afore mentioned oops incidences(sp?)).

The language bit works as long as you don't have to start from scratch every time you want to do a simular spell, so you can "preload" instructions and tweak from there. Admittedly "programming" has it's own flaws, but none that all magical systems have themselves, including omni, which is not always accounting for everything, or trying to and it eating up so much effort and STILL missing something. Getting around such problems is a technique/approach issue rather than a technical one.

Yeppers, pretty much hitting the perverbial nail on the head here. Thats why I don't just use language for instruction but rather structuring the pattern of the effect using other parts of myself for the more complex functions in tandem with my "ego" self. I believe that without this internal dialogue some of what I do wouldn't be possible or even functional, also learning form other entities and recieving advice as to how to attack certain problems is very beneficial, hence that trade of knowlege thing. Sometimes all they wanna know is how to reach a being they want to meet, sometimes discusions that have nothing to do with magick or metaphysics at all but rather how our diff realms function. Its kinda cool.

any more shaves and haircuts will be welcome, thanx fer teh questions.

P.S. I have no exact chosen background, I just use that which works for me. And some hit and miss expeiraments(wow I really mangled that word). :lol: [/quote]
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Re:

Postby O.... » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:21 pm

See "Meta-Magical Schema".

We can throw around as many names as we wish... It's all context and semantic acrobatics.

I.m.o(for what it's worth), no interactions occur without related correspondences.

Not one thing can exist, even within a void to itself, without said thing and void sharing a commonality of somekind.

It seems to be more about communication and application of the mutually verified and being, in the most part, applied in a seemingly standard way to achieve desired outcomes. Even if subconscious or instinctual, no?
"The sun has crept in,
Away with the night
Good-bye to my lover
I'm back in bed
But lightning is my girl,
And promises me
To bring me to that corner, again and again"
"Lightning Is My Girl" Melissa
O....
Visitor
Visitor

Postby indigoblade » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Yes o...., it does have to do with correspondences, but it also has to do with very specific values and functions. I find it ery humourous that you bring up the void. the thing is that I see the void as zero. zero representing unlimited potential bears to mind. One who can tap into the void and utilize its potential would in fact have a very good source of energy at their disposale(sp), but there are things to bear in miond with this power. If you can get around the sheer power that comes from zero point energy and harness it then you can do an unlimited number of things with it.

My question to you is what is the point of what you say, are you doing symantic acrobatics yer self? What is the point you are trying to present.
What you say really has very little bearing upon art and I's convo..

Please be more specific with what you mean, because of ther number of meanings that can be taken from what you say it makes understanding your point very difficult.

And yes, correspondence does have to do with it, but so does time, entropy, mind, spirit, psi, matter, quintessence, etc. etc. etc....In other words...whats yer point?
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion