Login | Register

Tatoo magic...any ideas

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Tatoo magic...any ideas

Postby indigoblade » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:29 am

I've been thinking lately about tatoo magick and what the best uses and ways of structuring the energy would be. Sigils or symbolic or even realistic looking symbols could work easily as the design...I'm just pondering what some of you think for inspiration...It could develope into an interesting convo. :idea:
Look at Paradox. Learn from paradox. What is the ultimate paradox?
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Re:

Postby O.... » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:44 pm

It is an interesting way to carry one's foci. Carring around geotia that way is easier than keeping a lit candle about for meditation, no?
"The sun has crept in,
Away with the night
Good-bye to my lover
I'm back in bed
But lightning is my girl,
And promises me
To bring me to that corner, again and again"
"Lightning Is My Girl" Melissa
O....
Visitor
Visitor

Postby indigoblade » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:29 pm

yes, but the question is, how would you approach it, that is the whole point of this thread. I don't wanna know anyones specific way of doing it, but rather the functions they would utilize when applying tattoos for magick.

Look, for the omnis I will say this, don't reveal yer secrets...I don't need those, I wanna know the structural functionality. I can figure out how to make the tech myself (and I have already begun these explorations using the building blocks provided) so I really don't need to know that. This is my way of letting all know that I really ain't trying to dig into yer secrets.

There you have it...gauntlet thrown, responces welcome. I wanna know if you guys think tattoo magick is even worth going into from your alls stand point.

Peace Love and a pretty face.

the crazy magician
Look at Paradox. Learn from paradox. What is the ultimate paradox?
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Magical Tattoos

Postby Khem Caigan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:07 am

Hi, IndigoBlade!

I recollect that Simon Forman tattooed himself, with a mind toward making an astral talisman of himself.

Rather similar to the visualization and placement of seed-syllables in one's body found in Tibetan
Buddhist yoga, for example, and to the procedures for 'God Making' found in the Asclepius.

See :

Graffiti and the Writing Arts of Early Modern England
by Juliet Fleming, page 111.
(Preview @GoogleBooks)
http://tinyurl.com/268wsbj

See also :

Written on the Body: The Tattoo in European and American History
by Jane Caplan, 2000.

Medicine and Magic in Elizabethan London: Simon Forman: Astrologer, Alchemist, and Physician
by Lauren Kassell, 2007.
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam
Khem Caigan
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion