Login | Register

The diminsions

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
The diminsions

Postby indigoblade » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:55 am

I was wondering if anyone could guide me towards a resource for different diminsions. The diminsions I speak of are like time and space and such. I was wanting to study up more on this topic so I could get new ideas for my spell constructs. The help would be very appreciated.
Look at Paradox. Learn from paradox. What is the ultimate paradox?
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Postby EtuMalku » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:24 am

Physicist Michio Akaku's book 'Hyperspace' is written in a laymen approach and will give you more information than you could possibly absorb in one lifetime.
Have you studied the Qabalah's Tree of Life? There are parallels that can be drawn between the Sephira and the Dimensions.
Erta Na Hekau Apen Ast
EtuMalku
Visitor
Visitor

Postby indigoblade » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:30 am

Thanx. Yeah I've heard of him, didn't know he had published on that topic.

I have studied the tree and found paralels between that and the chakra system as well. Isn't the tree also supposed to be a map of Adam. Walks away mumbling about Manly P. Hall.
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Oyama » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Just keep in mind that the Kaballah is based on a religio-spiritual system and is colored as such.
Your anguish sustains me.

Madness is like gravity: all it takes is a little push!
Oyama
Research Student
Research Student

Postby indigoblade » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:03 pm

i know oyama, and thank you for the worry. I have a tendency to uncolor religiously myself. To me I stick to the older def. of the word whereas it means a personal relationship with god.

If anyone else has an interesting site or book I'd be very pleased to recieve the info.

Thanx like always,

Indi
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Postby inominandum » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Start here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA

This is very flawed as far as science goes, but does have some magickal applications. Its just a beginning though. Magicians work with dimensions well beyond these.
inominandum
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:21 am

This is very flawed as far as science goes, but does have some magickal applications. Its just a beginning though. Magicians work with dimensions well beyond these.

I like the animation. I will also agree that I normally work with at least 12 and know there are FAR more than just those in my magical workings. Admittedly, I only use the ones past that when I'm trying for something more major. As someone once said take all the dimensional directions you know of and go 90 degrees to all of them to find the next dimensional direction. :)

The animation assumes that there is no inbetween "universe" or even layors within a single universe (or a container universe). But these are magical realities versus how physics conceives of a universe. To give credit though, it's a 10 minute animation in two parts, so it isn't trying to explain everything, nor could it in such a time period. Nice find there Jason!
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby indigoblade » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Thanx for the link again. It has led me to quite a few benificial links and sites for research on this subject. If anyone else has a link to a site where dimensions are discussed in laymans terms then please feel free to post it.

I did like the presentation, i just think the guy has a bit more work to do before he can fully realise a better model, but he is discussing spacial dimensions rather the others.
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:04 pm

indigoblade wrote:... but he is discussing spacial dimensions rather the others.

I was talking about spacial dimensions too (which to me includes time). What are you referring to? Realms/Universes?
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby inominandum » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:52 pm

I think that modern string theory postulates something like 35 dimensions.

From the magickal perspective, you are of course right that he misses a few in between dimensions, and how each probable universe also contains within it a spectrum of levels.

Most importantly the magician also deals with entities that do not take up even the 1st spacial dimension. "higher" entities and intelligences exist in dimensions of awareness that do not require space.

In kabbalah we might look at Kether as the point in which case these higher dimensions would be expressed in terms of the three veils of negative existence.
inominandum
Visitor
Visitor

Postby indigoblade » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:08 am

I was talking about spacial dimensions too (which to me includes time). What are you referring to? Realms/Universes?

Me:
Well to me personaly I have created in my head models expressing how time may look from higher dimensional perspectives. It would be possible for a timeline to actually become a tangable object when percieved by a higher dimensional being capable of sensing that much information. Though I believe that time could also create other effects in different areas/layers of the multiverse/omniverse. Idk, its a theory based on what I have expierienced. I have built other models of different dimensions as well, but it would be difficult for me to explain right now because I need sleep :P . Yawns looking at the time.

inominandum sais:
I think that modern string theory postulates something like 35 dimensions.

Me:
Do you have a good link to sights where these different dimensions are discussed? My current research calls for this type of information. I'm reinvestigating dimentional theories to restructure some of what I do. Streamlining is a good thing to do from time to time, so I'm updating myself on the topic.

He also sais:
From the magickal perspective, you are of course right that he misses a few in between dimensions, and how each probable universe also contains within it a spectrum of levels.

Most importantly the magician also deals with entities that do not take up even the 1st spacial dimension. "higher" entities and intelligences exist in dimensions of awareness that do not require space.

In kabbalah we might look at Kether as the point in which case these higher dimensions would be expressed in terms of the three veils of negative existence.

Me:
I did go onto their forum and asked questions about some of their views. There was discusion there about kabbalah and a bunch of other stuff. When I asked them about other dimensions and other models they gave me a bunch of links on other views that were being looked into, but nothing really pertinant to my question came up really. They of coarse recomended machio kaku(sp?), but who wouldn't know him? Shrugs.

I just need to find good models that represent dimensions not common to the five senses so I can explore them. When I asked a friend of mine in the astral he said he thought it would be better for me to investigate the subject more. I agreed with him once he explained why (know thyself mage, punny ain't it).

K, I gotta get some sleep everybody. Thanx for listening guys, night.
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion