Login | Register

New Omnimancer Application Form

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Re: New Omnimancer Application Form

Postby pat3po » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:55 pm

:?: How did you get into magic?
my family brought me into wicca, and then I taught myself chaos magick, and then I studied the Golden Dawn and started working with that system, and got deeper and deeper into Kabbalah, last year I joined the DKMU and the AMORC, and I keep getting deeper and deeper into magick

:?: What do you practice now, and for how long?
I have been practicing since I was around 16 and my aunt started teaching me wicca instead of just operating out of natural psychic capability, so 17 years or so, although I took a 3 or 4 years off at some point when I learned I could shut down all my magick after scary experience in my early 20's, and then opened myself back up to it slowly, so more like 13 or 14 years of serious practice

:?: Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?
I don't think so, although I am part of the AMORC and can not share all of their knowledge, and only their public consumption stuff, I hope this ok, because I would not reveal Omni tech to the Rosicrucian members unless they were also Omni's

:?: How did you find us?
friends in the DKMU told me about this organization, particularly from Miles and Forrest

:?: Have you read the site yet?
yes I have read the public consumption part yes

:?: What do you think omnimancy is?
a proprietary magick system, with 20+ years of research

:?: What do you hope to get out of Omnimancy and what are your end goals?
too understand and master magick better

:?: Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.)
yes, I think this is workable for me

:?: Can you work ok with others?
yes I am a pretty nice guy from what I am told, sometimes I have issues understanding peoples emotions, and subliminal cues because of my autism

:?: Because it's the internet, how old are you?
I am 33 years old born december 6, 1990
pat3po
Visitor
Visitor

Postby IsaiahRoa » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:37 pm

Isaiah Roa

How did you get into magic? - Introduced to it by Allanna
What do you practice now, and for how long? - 10+ Years
Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy? = Nope
How did you find us? - Through Allanna
Have you read the site yet? - Yes, I've read Public Consumption through but haven't explored the forums yet
What do you think omnimancy is? - A more efficient way of utilizing one's power as well as the universe's
What do you hope to get out of Omnimancy and what are your end goals? - Learn to utilize magic to the fullest and discover things I do not know about myself.
Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? - Absolutely
Can you work ok with others? - Yes
Because it's the internet, how old are you? - 30 Years Old
IsaiahRoa
New Student
New Student

Postby pat3po » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:08 pm

hello my name is Patrick Bridygham

my family brought me into wicca, and then I taught myself chaos magick, and then I studied the Golden Dawn and started working with that system, and got deeper and deeper into Kabbalah, last year I joined the DKMU and the AMORC, and I keep getting deeper and deeper into magick

I have been practicing since I was around 16 and my aunt started teaching me wicca instead of just operating out of natural psychic capability, so 17 years or so, although I took a 3 or 4 years off at some point when I learned I could shut down all my magick after scary experience in my early 20's, and then opened myself back up to it slowly, so more like 13 or 14 years of serious practice

:?: Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?
I don't think so, although I am part of the AMORC and can not share all of their knowledge, and only their public consumption stuff, I hope this ok, because I would not reveal Omni tech to the Rosicrucian members unless they were also Omni's

friends in the DKMU told me about this organization, particularly from Miles and Forrest

yes I have read the public consumption part yes

a proprietary magick system, with 20+ years of research

too understand and master magick better

:?: Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.)
yes, I think this is workable for me

yes I am a pretty nice guy from what I am told, sometimes I have issues understanding peoples emotions, and subliminal cues because of my autism

I am 33 years old born december 6, 1990
pat3po
Visitor
Visitor

Postby argiope » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:33 pm

:: How did you get into magic?
I was fortunate enough to have access to a set of pretty standard western ceremonialist and thelemic texts during my preteens and discovered a small form of aptitude in myself that I decided explore a little further and here we are.

:: What do you practice now, and for how long?
I have been a chaos magician since the late 90's. My current practices are a sluice of all the things that have worked best for me in that time, but are a somewhat cohesive combination of psych, information, and energy models. As a chaote, that framework is always changing and improving and growing, so at this point it's hard to just point at it and say anything side from: 'It's magic, yo.'

:: Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?
I'm confident it will not.

:: How did you find us?
I have a number of good friends and acquaintances within omnimancy that I trust when they say I'd be interested and do well, so here I am.

:: Have you read the site yet?
Yes.

:: What do you think omnimancy is?
Omnimancy is a framework of magic that relies on perceiving and interacting with the ambient energies and currents being generated by everything around the caster, which they use to accomplish metaphysical action. It's a method for approaching magic with defined concepts regarding how the work should be visualized and experienced that creates homogeneity between the interacting magicians themselves and a common language for them to communicate, etc.

:: What do you hope to get out of Omnimancy and what are your end goals?
I'd like to widen my approach to magic and take on some new methods, concepts, and lenses on the work itself, and I see omnimancy as the way to accomplish that and then solidify my understanding of the work by teaching others within omnimancy the same methods.

:: Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in?
It's a commitment, I understand that, and I am willing to put in the time.

:: Can you work ok with others?
Yes I can.

:: Because it's the internet, how old are you?
argiope
Visitor
Visitor

Postby seisatsu » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:22 pm

I've always had a feeling that magic was real, but didn't really try to get involved with anything in my earlier life because I was raised Christian. In my early 20s as I left that behind, I started trying to get in tune with my energy body, but it wasn't until my mid 20s that I began seriously studying chaos magic, which led to me finding DKMU, reading a lot of books, and doing experimentation. Soon there was enough evidence to convince myself that there was something there that I absolutely had to devote a significant portion of my life to. A truly bottomless mystery? Fun stuff.

I have been practicing sigil magic since about 2016 as my starting off point, and within a few years after that began working with freeform astral magic, solomonic pentacles, LBRPs and other Golden Dawn descended ceremonial magic, more in-depth personal and space cleansings, and just asking spirits to do things for me, generally in exchange for incense and gratitude. Occasionally I charge crystals with intent and carry them with me. Within the past year I picked up a deeper interest in astral engineering and construct design.

I don't see any way it would do that.

I have been with DKMU since around 2016, and the recent interactions between DKMU and Omnimancy, as well as several of my friends joining Omnimancy, is what directed me here.

I have read the front page, the FAQ, and the overview.

Omnimancy seems to me like an organization of magical engineers who collaborate to come up with new and better ways of doing magic and building constructs, because it's what they enjoy doing and it gives them fulfillment. It's a bit similar to DKMU in that regard.

I want to learn new tech, work on interesting engineering problems and contribute to projects larger than myself, have a group of dedicated people to practice with and a good set of teachers, and ultimately work past the remaining doubts and hangups that are hindering me from reaching my full potential. I feel that the structure provided by Omnimancy will be helpful to me and fun to work within, in a different way from the more structureless disorganization of the DKMU, which fulfills me in other ways.

That sounds good to me.

Definitely. Magic with others is more fun than magic with yourself.

seisatsu
Visitor
Visitor

Previous

Return to Open Magical Discussion