Login | Register

Ley lines in a pagan sense

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Ley lines in a pagan sense

Postby LC » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:00 pm

Came across this on one of my pagan lists. What do you guys think?
Ley Lines and Grid Nets Ley lines are invisible "lines" or
"channels" of energy in the Earth. Long before satellite cameras could captrue the
faint light from ley lines and grid networks, birds anf ish were using them as
migration channels and ancient people were wearing footpaths next to them. Ley
lines and grid nets carry the precious electric blood and magnetic plasma
needed to keep the eco-system functioning. They are the veins and arteries of
Gaia. These meridians criss-cross the globe, interacting with a nyriad of
influences like circadian and lunar rhythms, meterorlogical conditions, and
sunspots. When grid or ley lines intersect, the result is often a strong discharge of
a specific kind o energy with an unique quality, i.e. healing, rejuvenation, ,
purification, etc. This is a pulse point, if you will, where the heartbeat
of Gaia can be felt. The great healers, priests and architects of the past
knew where these centers of power were as well as when and how to use and enhance
them. As we become more aware of how ley lines and gid nets work we can
empower ourselves acordingly. Be they a place to dream or a place to heal, the
sacred energy centers found along ley line paths and grid net meridians contue to
provide us with sanctuary and beauty. Bernyce Barlow (c) 1996 Llewellyn's
1996 Magical Almanac
Llewellyn Publications ISBN 1-56718-914-8 Courtsey of The )0(Secret
Sisters)0( Archieves March 2004 Irish Faerie Witch Irish©??
White magic-means saying your sorry
Black magic-means never saying sorry
Grey magic-means making others say they are sorry
---Ogre---
LC
Research Student
Research Student

Postby FireEssence » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:08 pm

I think it seems like a bad hodge-podge of pseudo-science and 'New-Age' spirituality. Just my opinion though.

Really, anything that equates the Earth to a living and sentient physical-etheric being (female at that, why not just non-gendered?) and then throws in things about meteorological conditions, tides, etc. in an attempt to science it up, always bothers me.

Also, I truly disagree with that whole "the great healers, priests, etc. of the world knew how to utilize these and the pulse points!" stuff just because seriously, who is this person to say that stuff? Did they personally speak with these people? Have these people been quoted as saying that? Is there really ANY proof of this?
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Guest » Sun May 01, 2005 10:48 am

My only advice, is don't throw out the baby with the bath water. "New-agers" looking to solidify their personal belief system often seem to latch onto ideas with a somewhat scientific ring like this and and turn them into something they're not.

I dunno about the Earth's "precious electric blood and magnetic plasma", but I think it's easy enough to see even just walking around your neighborhood, that there are points of natural energy convergence and scarcity, as well as conduits between them out there. Even something as simple as a river or a road will often serve as a geographic energy channel, which could be thought of a type of "ley line".

The basic concept seems obvious; it's just the attempts at being scientific that look like cr^p to me, at least.

Postby FireEssence » Sun May 01, 2005 11:23 am

Oh sorry, my criticism was directed at the article, not the concept of ley lines. :D

I have experienced and believe in the fact that energy flows in channels across the globe and in someplaces even within a 10 mile radius you'll find different energy 'humidities', I just find that article completely distasteful.
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby alice » Tue May 17, 2005 10:55 pm

i wish to question what is a ley line,
how does it funtion. does it stay steady or flare or wane. what causes it? magnetic or water fresh or salted, or depth of the content under it does the magma under it or the moon above have any effect. where on the lontitude or latitude does the coriallist effect, aquafilters lighting, schumans resonence. the resonance of the many lighting strikes as back ground noise. or the ocean noise as well.
china has a science called geomancy would this be anything close to the the same.
need you viberate at the same.
alice
Visitor
Visitor

Postby FireEssence » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:18 pm

I finally took the time to re-read your post alice, and I still have no idea what you were trying to say.

Mind clarifying it using english and punctuation?
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby StormSeeker » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:37 pm

alice: http://www.themystica.com/mystica/artic ... mancy.html I don't know much on geomancy, aside from the fact that it's a term for divination as well as feng shui, but from what little feng shui I've studied, there does seem to be a tendency for western teachings of it to incorporate ley lines. Whether they're the same as the mentioned "dragon lines", I don't know (not having studied Feng Shui that deeply), but it might be worthwhile looking up a few feng shui websites to find out.

As far as what a ley line is...at least in our terms, a ley line is a pooled stream of energy, formed by the "run off" energy from living things around that area that are producing excess energy.

I have zero clue how the coriolis effect relates to ley lines. Sadly I'm a mage and not a geologist, not even a part time one. But since the coriolis effect was originally 'created' as a term, to explain the effects the rotation of the earth has on air...I'm not sure how it would have any bearing on ley lines if at all. Except perhaps that the actual rotational movement of the earth, may well have a slight effect on existing ley lines, since the astral and the physical do affect each other in various ways. But that's postulating and has nothing to do with the coriolis effect.

Schumann's Resonance. To my knowledge, that's defined (roughly) as the frequency of the geomagnetic field as it 'bounces' off the earth's crust in the ionosphere. It clocks in at 7.83hz. Which is interestingly enough, the reputed frequency that is sought after in meditation (yielding an alpha rhythm), is believed to have multiple healing, destressing and trance-inducing properties...and is postulated to be one of the "natural healing frequencies" of the earth, and so forth. I'm curious as to why you might think it related to ley lines though.

Your other questions I'm not really clear on. If you want to clarify them, we can possibly give you more details.
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby alice » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:46 pm

thanks for your time and patience.
Question; does the in the ley line energy have possitive and negitive fields.
if they do. does the energy flip or flux [up then down]or rap around as in a ifinity loop, or as ying and yang folding in on itself.
Ley lines are pooled 'run off" energy from living things. the plant leaf when cut still photographs whole. this is your extra energy?
thier exsess followes what rules to get to where it can be used.
it followed the path of least resistance. it is attracted to depth of contient. it resides in crackes in the earth. is it influenced by the magma under these cracks. does water draw it or repale it. if water has an effect does the moon also inflence the energy. like a tide pull. would land with a aquafilter perculating through it have less or more draw. land with ice on it be effected because ice grates as in glaciers shearing the land and draging rocks, therefore causing friction. would the abunance of trees make for more or less pooled energy.
i mentioned the air movement and lighting phanomina and the general dipold effect because it causes electricity, and has the property of enery. the schmann's resonance is tied to the frequency of the lightning striking the earth. also the schumann resonance has risen in relitivey resent times. it use to be slightly lower. a plus for extra pooled energy?
the shcumann reconance in the air is mirrored by a simular effect in the oceans. found origonally as a backgrownd noise when tectecnitions were srubbing recording of earth quakes. do not know to much else about how, why, or where.
to use the ley line energy do you need to match this energy. very simply put i picture it as to viberate at it's wave or frequency, and let it flow with a push.
again thank for your time.
alice
Visitor
Visitor

Postby mahasvapna » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:39 am

I'm surprised that no one has responded to this some more, what a fascinating thread.

I think what is being asked is exactly what factors are involved with the natural ebb and flow of the ley lines.

The coriolis effect, is an effect caused by the same principle that does cause an effect on ley lines, but as it was said, the coriolis effect is an effect, which causes other things related specifically with the energetic phenomenon of the environment - but only in so much as A caused B which caused C - ultimately C caused A.

Ley lines do have alternating positive and negative fields, but these are dimensional poles, not exactly magnetic poles. imagine it as a sort of subtle fluid, not energy exactly like lightning.

As to what it's shape is, that depends on your dimensional context. From one point of view, it is all of those things, but from the normal 'physical context' we normally inhabit, you can think of it as a network of streams.

Excesses and rules... a good comparison is drinking water. You drink water, your body uses what it can, and you take the energy with whatever physical part you absorb, plus whatever excess energy is still contained in the water (if it was for instance charged with energy intentionally). When you've used what you're body wants, the excess is shunted out, right? Energy in living things (and non-living things as well, everything has this energy as part of it, although some structures have a stable natural energy, some structures will gather energy naturally, others only when certain conditions are met, etc...) is recycled in this manner, and some sort of energy is expelled over time. In most cases, there is more than enough energy to go around pouring in from all over, mostly the sun. Some of it gets used, some if it collects.

Energy collects along the currents of the earth's subtle body, which has a mutual cause-effect relationship with the earth's magnetic field as well, although the two are seperate phenomenon in the way the visible spectrum of light and the ultraviolet spectrum of light are seperate. A great enough difference in vibration between two energies will distinguish both energies into different 'dimensions' of energy. Vibration and density, by my lexicon, are different phenomenon.

Those lines are established according to a combination of the earth's magnetic field as it is effected by external phenomenon and internal; by areas in which the local subtle field has been significantly charged or drained. There are conditions which attract the flow of these streams of energy, but the energy must keep moving in it's natural state, although different streams can converge and pool into one location, usually one that is far away from other places in which the conditions are suitable to attract the stream. Extremes in either direction 'positive' or 'negative' high or low vibration, however you want to slice the duality, will attract streams of appropriately resonant energy.

Conditions which affect the suitability of the area are phenomenon that either significantly raise or lower the vibration of the vicinity - the presence of a holy sight, the site of a murder, places of intense emotional focus (graveyards often have ley lines through them somewhere, the really big ones sometimes have convergences, or nexi, if they are somewhat isolated). Any place that establishes a directional 'flow' of energy will often establish a ley line the way a river flowing into the ocean can establish a localized current. highways, rivers, and these sorts of things meet that qualification as an example. However, these currents do not just flow in the ground - part of the same total network are currents that flow in the air as well, and they have a mutually causal relationship with the physical atmosphere.

To say mutually causal means that they phyical and energetic are distinct but interdependant - you can't really have one without the other, where one is, the other will at least develope, if it isn't there already.

as a fun experiment, you can esablish a local ley line in your own home! Although at first it will probably not be very strong. Put a fountain at one point in your home, preferebly somewhere that there is a lot of attention focused, like the living room or kitchen. if you have sufficient control over external energy, simply charge the fountain in some fashion energetically, so that it will collect ambient energy into it's structure. A fountain does this naturally, but some intention will help this whole process along, all conditions should be attented. Draw the energy that collects in the vicinity of the fountain out through the rooms of your home in as straight a line as possible (it will eventually assume the easiest route from 'center' to 'center' through your home on it's own the way a river will find the easiest route downhill) to another point in your home, preferably a receptacle. Ground the receptacle somewhere, like the ground.

it may help to image the energy from the fountain as though it were being drawn from the environment into the bottom of the fountain and then bubbling up in the same way the water does, to collect as a uniform sort of cloud around the fountain. Image the energy as a gentle stream of water that as you guide it, pours out of the cloud and follows the path you direct it on.

over time the natural traffic in the vicinity will alter the course somewhat, but you can anchor the 'out' end somewhere else. Over time, this established 'line' will align at either end with a local ley line if you allow it to do so naturally. it will happen quicker if you are near the earth.

the line in my house follows the gound, but for a long time it hung in the air about six inches over the floor. It sometimes seems to rise and fall with the phases of the moon, but it's more of a swell than an actually repositioning.

Even if this thread is forgotten, it's good stuff to know.

peace
mahasvapna
Visitor
Visitor

Ley Lines

Postby Khem Caigan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Some information about the chap who 'discovered' leys :

Alfred Watkins
@ Wikipedia
http://tinyurl.com/mzybbm

The Old Straight Track
@ Wikipedia