Login | Register

We've Been Hacked.

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
We've Been Hacked.

Postby LordArt » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:54 am

I guess it was only a matter of time. Obviously this forum has gotten SO popular *cough* that someone in russia decided to hack it. It's been MOSTLY restored at this point, but I lost all my private messages, so I have to restore from a backup. If anyone else has issues, please inform me and I will do what I can.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Even though this happened like 4.3ish years ago, I'm curious: was it someone just being a dick, or was someone trying to get into the students only sections?

- EDIT -

I realize bumping this up to the beginning of the board might cause undue moments of panic/worry/etc for people. My apologies about that. On that note, if responding to old threads isn't something liked around here, I haven't noticed any rule on the subject, but if it is one, just let me know and I'll do my best not to do it again.

- EDIT 2 -

LordArt, I know I keep directing posts/questions/PMs at you, so I'll do my best to stop for now. I realize how long my major question posts take time to reply to, so I expect and don't mind if you leave questions like this unanswered for a while.

- EDIT 3 - Okay, I just dug around and found in a thread I read a long time ago but am now revisiting that "there are no rules of the board other than the administrator's whim and have never stated otherwise" (LordArt, Pg. 3 of "Attn. LordArt" thread), so I guess I'm clear of violating any rules, barring possibly irritating said administrator. :wink:
If a thing be really good, it can be shown to be such. If you cannot demonstrate its excellence, it may well be suspected that you are no proper judge of it.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Fire_on_High » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:08 pm

He's simply a very busy gent who occasionally doesn't have time to get around to anything but the absolutely critical things, and sometimes questions, no matter how good they are, just don't fall under that. Doesn't mean they aren't good questions or ideas, just that bigger shit came up and had to be dealt with ASAP, while good questions are timeless.
<James> "Drive safe!" "Be careful!" "Don't stay out late!" "Forks don't go in the power socket!" "Please don't rip the multiverse a new one, it's not nice"
Fire_on_High
Presence
Presence

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:33 pm

I'm aware, but thank you for the reassuring words. Not of the full extent of what stuff takes up his time, obviously, but just of the general fact that he's a shitload more busy than I.

Normally I don't worry this much about what I post or how people interpret it, but with OmniCyber's new student processing coming up soon, I'm getting more nervous and fidgety then I normally am, simply because I fear that not only is there a lot of competition for the slots and standards pretty high, but also because there's probably a bunch of ways for me to rub people the wrong way, or worse, just create a series of negative impressions in the limited window of self-presentation I have. (It's very reassuring that practically all omnimancers I've talked to and whose posts I've read seem rather intelligent, rational, and willing to give things due consideration, though.)

On a totally unrelated note, did you change your avatar recently? I don't remember seeing that one on this message board before... But I could just as easily have not noticed it or forgotten.
If a thing be really good, it can be shown to be such. If you cannot demonstrate its excellence, it may well be suspected that you are no proper judge of it.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Fire_on_High » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:44 pm

Yeah, I just put it in starting with that post actually. I'm not a super frequent poster, and I just never got around to adding one before.
<James> "Drive safe!" "Be careful!" "Don't stay out late!" "Forks don't go in the power socket!" "Please don't rip the multiverse a new one, it's not nice"
Fire_on_High
Presence
Presence

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Cool. My memory still doesn't suck too much. I know I remember your signature from other posts in older threads though - I liked the humor in it. I didn't remember who it belonged to until you posted here, but I recognized it nonetheless.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Fire_on_High » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:51 pm

Thanks :-) Just ended up changing again since I found the one I originally wanted, that went hiding when I started looking for it today.
Fire_on_High
Presence
Presence

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Ahh the weird cute blue thing that was Stitch (unless I mixed up names).

At any rate, yeah, I was rather surprised by the change too. I was all nice and comfortable and all of a sudden: BAM - there was a bluish blur in the area of peripheral vision where I was expecting a black one.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Return to General Discussion